Streamside Believes In the Importance of Training and Developing the next Generation!
SLT & CIT Programs
College@Camp & Internships
Streamside’s Service & Leadership Training (SLT) is designed for young people who want to mature in the Christian faith and have a desire to serve God and others.
Streamside’s Counselor In Training (CIT) is the next step for young adults to serve alongside an experienced cabin counselor and develop their leadership skills and put their Christian walk into practice.
Both programs run during our regular summer camp season, starting mid-June until the end of July. Over the course of the program, participants will recognize and develop abilities and skills through hands-on training and mentoring by our dedicated and loving SLT/CIT leaders. The close community and rigorous schedule will challenge participants to their fullest potential. Servant leadership training combined with a proper understanding of their relationship with God, will better equip them for effective Christian service not only at camp, but in all areas of life for years to come.
Program goals and objectives
- Develop character, identity and discipline
- Increase Biblical understanding and knowledge of God
- Establish a consistent personal devotional life
- Cultivate stronger peer relationships
- Develop a good work ethic that honors God
- Teach proper corrective action when working with difficult children
- Give opportunity, with training, to instruct campers in activity areas and Bible lessons
- Prepare and train for adult service roles at Streamside or elsewhere
SLT Program Overview
The program consists of:
- Two spring weekend retreats
- Five weeks at camp
- Service experiences in kitchen, housekeeping, maintenance and snack shop
- Group Bible study, personal devotions and cabin devotions
- An introduction to working with children
- Inclusion in special events, activities and outings
- An experience that will benefit you for a lifetime
The SLT Program is very affordable. Once selected there is a $200 registration fee. ($100.00 for those who qualify for financial aid determined by SFSP eligibility application.) The registration fee covers miscellaneous expenses related to the program such as transportation, t-shirts, curriculum, outings and snack shop credit.
Each SLT camper will receive the following benefits:
- Invaluable service and leadership training
- 5 free weeks at Streamside
- Snack shop credit each week
- Meals and housing on camp during each encampment, SLTs will go home on weekends
- Shuttle from Philadelphia
- Discipleship to help grow in faith
- Life long friendships
- Work experiance with reference letter upon completion of program
To qualify for a position in the SLT program, you must …
- Be a Christian
- Be 14 to 17 years old
- Agree to whole-heartedly commit to and participate in all aspects of the SLT program
- Complete the Streamside SLT On-line Application
- Be selected from a pool of applicants. Apply either on-line or via pdf application below. Do not be discouraged if you are not selected the first time. Keep coming to camp and apply again.
CIT Program Overview
CITs serve in cabins along side of experienced adult counselors and participate in all camp activities and staff outings. Although CIT staff responsibilities are similar to that of cabin counselors, CITs do not have all of the same roles in camper discipline and supervision.
Each CIT staff member will receive the following benefits:
- Compensation for service (must have working papers)
- Invaluable pre-camp staff training
- Participation in staff outings
- Meals and housing on camp throughout the camp season
To qualify for a position in the CIT program, you must …
- Be a Christian with a consistent godly lifestyle
- Be 16-17 years old (some exceptions may be made for older applicants)
- Have successfully completed the SLT program or have had sufficient training in areas of ministry or a strong recommendation from a ministry leader
- Complete the Streamside Pre-Employment Staff/Volunteer Application process
- Attend Pre-Camp Staff Training
All first year CIT candidates must complete the First Timer Pre-Employment Staff/Volunteer application. Former SLTs are not considered returning staff. This is a very competitive selection process, so apply on time and if not selected the first year, please apply again.
Experience/Provide Quality Christian Camping Ministry to Diverse Groups
Our Internship Program is designed to equip individuals who have a desire to serve in year-round Christian camp ministry. Interns will gain practical experience and develop leadership skills by working alongside ministry professionals to provide a quality Christian camping experience to diverse groups. This includes behind-the-scenes work, up-front interaction with campers and guests, and mentoring relationships with Streamside staff.
- Completion of Pre-Employment Staff Application
- Spend a minimum of one weekend a month (Friday evening through Sunday afternoon) onsite for at least four months
- Satisfactory complete assigned components of instruction and experience
- Successfully host a weekend retreat
Components of instruction and experience in areas of camp ministry include:
- Food Service
- Financial and Budgeting
- Special Project Assignment
This is an unpaid internship, although interns receive the following benefits:
- Training and/or experience in all areas of camp ministry
- Mentoring relationships with camp ministry professionals
- Room and board while onsite
- Reimbursement of transportation expense for volunteers
- After successfully hosting a weekend retreat, intern can begin receiving $120 for each weekend retreat hosted and $250 for each weeklong camp hosted
- Letter of reference upon completion of internship program
- Scholarship to CCCA Mid-Atlantic sectional convention
- Completion of your school’s paperwork if required for credit
Please contact us at (570) 629-1902 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information and to check on internship openings. If you are new to Streamside you will need to complete our Pre-Employment Staff Application.
City Vision Internship Program
Streamside is an intern training site for TechMission’s City Vision College Internship Program
City Vision Internships is intended to be a Christian Counterpart to AmeriCorps & Peace Corps where interns spend one year (or more) serving in Christian ministries. Interns may get some combination of training, free tuition, housing and/or a stipend.
- Free tuition in City Vision College for a full year of college paid by Streamside as a part of a 29 hour/week internship.
- Online courses providing accredited degrees in Nonprofit Management, Addiction Studies, and Urban Missions.
- Housing and Food is provided by Streamside.
- Any Pell grant or other federal financial aid paid as cash payment to student (up to $5,730).
- Summer Internships (June – August) are also available at Streamside
Visit https://www.cityvisioninternships.org/ to learn more about internships through City Vision College.
Please contact us at (570) 629-1902 or email@example.com for more information about serving at Streamside under the City Vision Internship. If you are new to Streamside you will need to complete our Pre-Employment Staff Application.
Attend the Monroe Campus of Northampton Community College while living and serving at Streamside.
College@Camp allows students to begin college without debt in a supportive, challenging Christian environment. The goal of the program is to equip students to transition to a four year college or directly to a career.
- Enroll in Northampton Community College taking 6 – 9 credit hours a semester
- Pay for your education through federal and state financial aid and/or your own scholarships or resources (loans are not acceptable)
- Contribute 12 -20 hours a week at Streamside in various roles
- Log study hours meeting minimum requirements
- Became involved in a local church
- Find and meet with a mentor at least twice a month
- Participate in weekly accountablility groups with other students
- Participate in weekly Bible studies, monthly ministry trips and other special classes and trips
- Be responsible for own health incurance coverage
- Abide by conduct guidelines established by Streamside
- Housing that includes kitchen facilities
- Food budget of $4.75 a day through an account at Weis Market
- Daily shuttles to campus
- Accountability, supervision and instruction
- Help finding local church and mentor
- Additional ministry opportunities, Bible studies and classes
- Opportunities for training and experience in all areas of camp ministry
Applications and Forms
SLT Online Application
Once started, the application MUST be completed in order to save it. We highly recommend that you gather the following information before starting the application:
- You will need the name, mailing address, phone number and email address for a Spiritual Reference. This person is a spiritual mentor who talks to you about spiritual things or to whom you talk about spiritual things.
- You will need the name of your church and pastor or youth leader, church mailing address, phone number and email address.
- You will need to answer these two questions:
- Salvation Experience: Explain when and why you accepted Jesus Christ, how God has changed you, your personal devotional time and what God has taught you this past year.
- Goals and Objectives of Being an SLT: Explain why you want to be an SLT, what you hope to gain from this experience, is this your idea or your parent’s idea, do your parents approve of this program.
SLT on-line application: Click Here
SLT Mail-in Application
Download and complete the SLT application and mail it to:
303 Possinger Drive
Stroudsburg, PA 18360