What is BCM International?
Streamside Camp and Conference Center is a ministry of BCM International, Inc., a global non-denominational ministry dedicated to Reaching Children and Developing Churches worldwide. BCM has more than 780 missionaries serving in over 42 countries across five continents as well as Pacific and Caribbean islands. We are committed to making disciples of all age groups for the Lord Jesus Christ through evangelism, teaching and training so that churches are established and the Church strengthened.
BCM ministers through evangelism, church planting, discipleship, leadership training and publishing Bible curriculum and teaching materials. Children’s ministries such as Bible clubs, released-time classes, and camps are central to all BCM fields. BCM is also involved in compassion ministries such as disaster relief, community health care and development, and counseling.
We believe in the verbal and plenary inspiration of the 66 books of the Old and New Testaments. The Bible is inerrant, infallible, sufficient and entirely trustworthy as originally given. The Bible is the very Word of God and is the supreme and final authority in all matters of faith and conduct (Ps. 19:7-11; Matt. 5:17, 18; Jn. 17:17; 1 Cor. 2:13; 1 Thess. 2:13; 2 Tim. 3:15-17; Heb. 4:12; 2 Pet. 1:19-21).
- We believe in the one true and living God, eternally existing in three persons – Father, Son, and Holy Spirit – eternal in being, identical in nature and equal in power and glory, having the same attributes and perfections. God is unchangeable in His holiness, justice, wisdom and love. God is the almighty Creator and Sustainer of all things. He is Savior and Judge Who governs all things according to His sovereign will and for His own glory. (Gen. 1 & 2; 26; 11:7; Is. 40:12-28; Matt. 3:16, 17; 28:19, 20; Jn. 1:1-3; 10:30; Acts 5:3, 4; Col. 1:15-17; 2 Cor. 13:14; Heb. 1:8).
- We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ, eternal Son of God, became fully man without ceasing to be God. He was conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary and lived a sinless life of obedience to the Father’s will. In His incarnation, Jesus revealed God and redeemed sinners. The Lord Jesus Christ ascended to Heaven, and is now exalted at the right hand of God as our High Priest, Intercessor and Advocate (Matt. 1:18; 3:16, 17; Luke 24:51; Jn. 17:5; Acts 1:11; Rom. 8:34; Gal. 4:4, 5; Phil. 2:5-11; 1 Tim. 2:5, 6; Heb. 4:14; 9:24-26; 1 Jn. 2:1, 2).
- We believe in the universal sinfulness, total depravity and guilt of human nature since the fall, rendering man subject to God’s wrath and condemnation (Isa. 53:6; 59:2; Rom. 3:10-23; 5:12-19; Eph. 2:1-5, 12).
We believe that redemption from the guilt, penalty and power of sin is possible only through the vicarious, sacrificial death and bodily resurrection of the Lord Jesus Christ as our Representative and Substitute. Salvation is entirely a work of God’s grace and cannot be earned or deserved. All who believe in Christ are justified by faith alone, adopted into the family of God and receive eternal life (Jn. 1:12, 13; Rom, 5:6-21; 6:23; Eph. 2:8,9; Tit. 3:4-7).
- We believe in the necessity of the work of the Holy Spirit to make the death of the Lord Jesus effective to the individual sinner bringing conviction of sin, regeneration and granting the sinner repentance towards God and saving faith in the Lord Jesus Christ. The Holy Spirit indwells the believer bringing assurance of salvation, a desire for holiness of life through separation from sin, commitment to serve his Lord and Savior and, through the process of sanctification, transforms the believer into increasing likeness to Christ (Jn. 3:5-8: 16:7-15; Acts 2:4; 4:31; 13:9, 52; 1 Cor. 2:9-16; 12:13; 2 Cor. 3:18; Gal. 5:16; Eph. 1:13, 14; 5:18-20).
- We believe in the imminent personal and visible return of the Lord Jesus Christ, His millennial rule on earth, the bodily resurrection of the just and the unjust, God’s judgment of the living and the dead, the everlasting blessedness of the saved, and the eternal punishment of the wicked (Zech. 14:1-11; Acts 1:11; 1 Thess. 4:13-5:10; Rev. 19:11-16; 20:1-6).
- We believe that Satan is an angelic being, the author of sin, and the cause of the fall; that he is the open and declared enemy of God and mankind; and that he will be eternally punished in the lake of fire (Gen. 3:1-13; Isa. 14:12-16; Ezek. 28:13-17; 2 Cor. 11:14; 1 Pet. 5:8, 9; Rev. 12:10, 20:10).
- We believe that God hears and answers the prayer of faith, in accordance with His own will, for the sick and afflicted, but do not believe divine healing of the body is in the atonement (Isa. 53:4-6, 10, 11; Matt. 8:16, 17; 2 Cor. 12:7-10; Jas. 5:14-16; 1 Pet. 2:24).
We believe in the one universal Church of Christ, which is His bride. The Church is the body of Christ and made up of all those who are born again. In its universal aspect, the Church encompasses time and space but in its local expression is established for worship, mutual edification, and witness. While organizations like our own have been raised of God to fulfill the Great Commission to make disciples of all nations, the local church is the center of God’s program for world evangelization (Acts 13:1-3; 14:23, 27; 1 Cor. 1:2; 12:13; Gal. 3:26-28; Eph. 1:22, 23; 5:25-32; 1 Tim. 3:15).