A special discount is applied to approved Streamside ministry partners. If you are a part of the following groups, please call our main office or email firstname.lastname@example.org for pricing information.
Star of Hope Ministries
Born Again Ministries
Camp registration opens at 2pm EST on Monday and runs until 4pm. There are a lot of foundational tasks that our staff needs to complete prior to opening registration, so we do not accept early arrivals.
Plan to pick up your child from Streamside on Saturday between 9:30am – 10am EST. Our staff needs to clean the camp, rest, and prepare for the next group, so prompt pickup is appreciated.
Note: Campers who are registered for consecutive weekly camps must return home for weekends.
If you are riding the Streamside bus, you will need to be at Christ Baptist Church (1509 Church Lane, Philadelphia) no later than 11:30am. The bus leaves on time, so please don’t miss out on your epic camp week! Same time for the pickup, 11:30am!
This year, we will be exploring opening two new bus lines – from NYC and New Jersey. If we move forward with this, we will post information by June 10, 2022.
All camper medication & money should be given to the bus supervisor who will deliver it to the camp registrar upon arrival at camp.
A prepared camper is a happy camper! In order to have the best possible experience, consider bringing the following items:
- One week’s worth of clothing (see clothing tab)
- Toiletries, pillow, sleeping bag / blanket, towel
- Pen / pencil, notebook
- Be prepared for both indoor and outdoor activities
A prepared camper is a happy camper! The weather in the Poconos can vary a lot in a week. We have had weeks that began with cold, rainy days and ended with 90+ degree weather for 3 days in a row. Please come prepared! Things to consider:
- Laundry facilities are not available, so every camper should have enough clothing to last a week.
- Camping is dirty! Many kids change clothes multiple times per day.
- Having long pants, a sweatshirt, and a light jacket is helpful.
At Streamside, we foster an atmosphere of modesty and security for all campers and staff. By adhering to these policies, we can ensure that no camper is left feeling uncomfortable during their stay.
- Clothing should be proper size – no large, low hanging pants. No underwear showing.
- Swimsuits should be proper size – secure around the waist with no sagging.
- No short skirts, see-through blouses, bare midriff, low-cut / revealing tops (visible cleavage), or tight fitting bottoms (skirts, shorts, or pants).
- Swimsuits should be one-piece or tankini (must overlap bottom at waist). Two-piece, bare-midriff swimsuits are NOT appropriate.
- Clothing, jewelry, and/or accessories must reflect standards of decency and modesty, and must not be inappropriate or distracting to the environment of the camp.
- Clothing that displays inappropriate words or graphics is NOT allowed.
- Athletic-type shoes, sneakers, or hiking boots are needed for mountain climb and athletic activities. Sandals, slides, flip-flops, and water shoes are acceptable for swimming pool and casual activities.
If a camper requires doctor-prescribed medication during camp, the parent/guardian should provide the camp nurse (on or before arrival) with the medication in its original container and directions for use.
Streamside takes its responsibility for your child’s health and safety very seriously. We will contact you as
soon as possible if your child needs to visit a doctor or hospital emergency room. To ensure proper care,
it is extremely important that you complete the Health History record for your child, as well as provide
phone numbers where we can reach you at any time
Winter camp is your opportunity to adventure in the snow and outdoors, so for your safety please do not bring the following items:
- Electronics (iPad, computer, gaming consoles, etc)
- Cell phones
- Weapons, including pocket knives
- Sled (we will provide)
- Anything valuable or sentimental (things get lost at camp more than you think!)
Anything considered harmful to the camp experience or other campers will be confiscated and kept in the office until the end of the week. Illegal or age-restricted items such as cigarettes, obscene literature, or harmful substances will be destroyed. Streamside is not responsible for any valuables lost, broken, or missing.
Safety is our highest concern at Streamside. All our cabin counselors, permanent staff, and temporary staff are required to go through an extensive background check process that includes spiritual fitness. Additionally, we have a camp nurse on staff to ensure that children are physically safe.
Many of our campers bring a small amount of spending money ($10-$20) for the week. Campers who exhibit good behavior are eligible to visit the Snack Shop each day.
Spending money is deposited into the camper’s account and may be deposited during registration or ahead of time by mail or online.